Dog Grooming Salon Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 445 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference.
We offer various in-house training courses which are designed to provide our Salon Managers with a broader skillset and keep you up to date with the latest trends, including a City and Guilds Level 3 introductory qualification which covers higher technical skills involved in grooming.
Reporting into the Store Manager you will be responsible for managing your own salon and team. Your responsibilities will be as follows;
• As Salon Manager you will lead from the front and with a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and pamper your pet.
• You will be responsible for setting the standard of grooming within the salon and offering our customers a Pawsitively Outrageous Service throughout the salon.
• As Salon Manager you will drive business within the salon and you will deliver the very highest standard of pet grooming.
• Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
• You will be responsible for managing, motivating and training a small team of Dog Groomers & Trainee Dog Groomers.
• You will effectively manage and plan the team rotas as well as effectively managing the salon diary to maximise the number of appointments.
• You will be responsible for any recruitment needs within the team.
• Our salons offer a great service every day of the week and so you will work 39 hours over 5 days out of 7.
• You’ll have experience of working within a grooming environment, and it is essential that you are able to complete a groom from start to finish on the majority of breeds to a high standard (please note that grooming your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
• It would be beneficial if you have a grooming related qualification.
• You’ll also have either managed a team, ideally within a grooming environment, or be able to demonstrate your ability to manage a team.
• You will be commercially aware and understand the importance of driving salon sales.
• You will have experience of effectively managing a salon diary to maximise the number of appointments.
• You’ll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
• You’ll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
• You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and proactive in your approach.
• Competitive Salary of up to £23,750 per annum, plus bonus.
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Birthday Leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
• An extra days holiday when you move home
• Half a day holiday for your little one’s first day at school
• Pension Scheme
• Colleague Discount – 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This
can be used in Pets at Home stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care
Veterinary Services and Pet Plan Insurance!
• Life Assurance
• Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave
• Caring4Colleagues (grants, savings and loans)
• Celebrating Special Occasions? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to
celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are
expecting or adopting a baby!
• Team reward vouchers
• “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available
exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
• Charity Leave – You are entitled to have one paid days leave each year to
work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Values Awards
• Colleague of the Month Awards
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
We are happy to discuss the opportunity to work flexibly.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.