Trainee Dog Groomer
Part-Time 16 Hours
Liverpool Edge Lane
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted 5th in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2018, and Number 15 in Europe in 2017! We have over 445 stores and over 310 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference.
Reporting into the Salon Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows;
• You’ll deliver the very highest standard of pet care and as a Trainee Dog Groomer your main responsibility will be the prepping and bathing of pets, as well as clipping their nails in preparation for the Dog Groomer/Salon Manager to carry out the required groom.
• You will exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering Pawsitively Outrageous Service.
• Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
• You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping.
•It is essential that you have gained practical experience of bathing and prepping pets in a professional grooming or pet care environment (please note that bathing and prepping your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
•Having a grooming or pet care related qualification would also be beneficial.
•You’ll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
•You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and you’ll be proactive in your approach.
• Competitive rate of £7.91 per hour, plus bonus.
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years of service.
• Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• Pension - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
• Colleague Discount - 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, Ride-Away and Pets at Home Pet Insurance!
• “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
• Life assurance
• Charity Leave - You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
•Free Car Parking
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.