|| Visual Merchandiser
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 13 in Europe in 2016! We have over 440 stores and over 300 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Visual Merchandiser to join our Support Office team in Handforth, to provide support in an exciting time of fast paced range and store change. Reporting into the Senior Merchandiser, you will be responsible for driving the most effective and profitable use of retail space. This role will cover a range of categories, working alongside other departments and existing merchandising colleagues, you will develop customer focused Planograms for all our stores.
• Working within the Visual Merchandising Team you will own the production and maintenance of specified Planograms using our Spaceman Merchandising System.
• Guided by our Pets at Home Merchandising Principles you will apply a creative, customer focused approach to producing all new merchandising plans.
• Always ensuring that relevant market, customer and supplier data is fully utilised to maximise the effectiveness of each Planogram.
• Review and interrupt internal sales & profit data to support intelligent decision making across all Planograms to maximise their commercial return.
• Working within tight deadlines you will work alongside Buying, Marketing, Supply Chain, Development and Retail department colleagues to produce high quality Planograms; taking input from numerous business metrics to develop the best merchandising solution for our stores and customers.
• The successful candidate must have previous experience of carrying out a Visual Merchandiser role, ideally gained within a leading UK retailer.
• The successful candidate must have good working knowledge of modern merchandising software packages and be comfortable with spreadsheet and data manipulation.
• The successful candidate will be a strong team player, who is able to form positive, productive working relationships within a fast paced retail environment.
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is happy to independently manage workload within a project group; they will be capable of making key business decisions under the direction of the project team.
• In this varied job role, the ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of driving real innovation and change in retail, across a diverse range of project work.
• They will be a flexible individual who thrives on fast paced change.
• Competitive salary of up to £26,000 per annum plus bonus
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
• Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• The option to buy extra holidays
• An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
• Pension Scheme
• Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
• “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
• Life assurance
• Contributory Private Health Care
• Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
• Free Car Parking
• Free Gym
• Values Awards
• Colleague of the Month Awards
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme