|| Dog Grooming Assistant Stylist / Assistant Dog Groomer
Part-Time (35 Hours)
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company that has been voted Number 1 in the Sunday Times Best Big Companies to work for, 2013!
With over 380 stores and plans to open a further 20 new stores this year we are expanding at an unstoppable rate which you really do need to be part of to believe it! We have over 150 exciting in-store salons which are full of character and are a great place for you to further develop your grooming career!
Reporting into the Salon Manager, your responsibilities will be as follows;
•You’ll deliver the very highest standard of pet care and as an Assistant Stylist your main responsibility will be the prepping and bathing of pets, as well as clipping their nails in preparation for the Stylist/Salon Manager to carry out the required groom.
•You will exceed our customers’ expectations by delivering Pawsitively Outrageous Service.
•Your excellent communication skills will be fully utilised as you will be dealing with customers and their pets on a daily basis.
•You will assist in ensuring excellent salon presentation is maintained and high standards are kept through cleanliness, safety and good standards of housekeeping.
•It is essential that you have gained practical experience of bathing and prepping pets in a professional grooming or pet care environment (please note that bathing and prepping your own pet does not qualify as professional experience).
•Having a grooming or pet care related qualification would also be beneficial.
•You’ll be a people person, have a real passion for pets as well as being a great team player.
•You’ll be hungry to be part of a successful salon and you’ll be proactive in your approach.
• Competitive rate of £7.75 per hour, plus bonus.
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years of service.
• Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• Pension - You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
• Colleague Discount - 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, Ride-Away and Pets at Home Pet Insurance!
• “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
• Life assurance
• Charity Leave - You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
•Free Car Parking
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.