|| Engagement and Wellbeing Partner
To evolve the strategy, employee engagement and wellbeing that supports and continues to drive our values and culture. You will inform our thinking on these critical areas and ensure we are leading edge in our approach and all related activity. You will be the owner of all communications that are directed to our colleagues to ensure that they articulate and promote our culture, brand and values.
The key responsibilities for this role are:
• Being the ambassador for our culture both internally and externally
• Defining our engagement strategy to give clarity on all external and internal activity that will enhance colleague engagement across retail, support office and our distribution centres and tailoring as appropriate for each business area
• Managing all relevant budgets linked to engagement and wellbeing
• Understanding the external world of engagement and keeping up to date with relevant annual research to inform our decisions
• Reviewing and driving the strategic development of direction for the survey and other engagement related activity to retain relevance and reflect changing times and business needs
• Managing the end to end process of all colleague engagement surveys whether internal or external from set up through to comms, survey, results sharing and action planning
• Ensuring action planning is effective and impactful across all business areas whilst retaining local ownership
• Leading the development and delivery of our strategy on wellbeing and delivering effective internal and external communication to promote our approach
• Educating our leaders and teams to enhance wellbeing across the business
• Identifying any wellbeing risk areas and work with the appropriate leaders and teams to ensure we have solutions
• Remaining up to date with external wellbeing focused activity and maximising opportunities to retain our focus
• Reviewing, developing and managing our company approach to recognition with the aim of valuing achievements and reinforcing behaviours that support our strategy and desired culture
• Working with colleagues across the business to produce colleague communications that are in line with our culture and values
• Working closely with the Reward Manager to ensure effective, engaging, timely communication of all reward related activity
• Experience of leading an employee engagement agenda is essential, plus an understanding of the external world of engagement
• You will have great planning and organisation skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and activities at once
• You will have a proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders
• You will have an understanding of what wellbeing means in a large retail business and be able to drive forward this agenda
• You will understand the importance of recognition and how to create and drive a robust recognition agenda
• You will have the ability to review and adapt your approach regularly in line with feedback and the changing needs of the business
• You will have the ability to utilise resource effectively and understand basic budgeting
• You will be a team player who is confident when communicating with senior people and large groups whilst possessing a resilient approach and able to work alone
• Competitive salary of up to £40,000 per annum, plus bonus
• 33 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• The option to buy extra holidays
• An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
• An extra days holiday when you move home and half a day when your little one’s ‘fly the nest’!
• Pension Scheme
• Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
• “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
• Life assurance
• Contributory Private Health Care
• Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
• Free Car Parking
• Free Gym
• Values Awards
• Colleague of the Month Awards
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme