|| Web Analyst
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place to Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 13 in Europe in 2016! We have over 440 stores and over 290 Groom Rooms and are the UK’s number one pet care retailer. Our business is fast-paced, innovative and fun and it’s our people that make the difference.
We are recruiting for a Web Analyst to work at our Support Office in Handforth, Cheshire. Reporting into the Digital Analytics and Optimisation Manager, you will be responsible for delivering insight for the ecommerce business and competitive industry.
The Ideal Candidate
You will have an interest in pursuing a career in digital analytics, and have a curiosity to understand people, trends and changes in customer behaviour. You will be numerate, with strong analytical and IT skills with a proactive approach to work and learning. Advanced excel skills and Microsoft access experience are essential.
You’ll need to be passionate about online shopping to help deliver the best shopping experience for our customers and support the optimisation roadmap through data driven insight.
Your primary sources of data will be Coremetrics, Google Analytics, SearchMetrics, and Hitwise.
• Weekly and period reporting using online digital analytics tools to support the ecommerce team and wider business.
• Ad-hoc analysis on customer behaviour and segmentation, deliver reports and dashboards as and when required.
• Identify areas of potential performance improvement and growth.
• Deliver stand-alone presentations giving insight in to commercial challenges, presenting results and recommendations to a senior audience.
• Ensure audience insight is shared with others in the wider department as appropriate.
• Report on competitor and consumer intelligence.
• Reporting on digital marketing performance and ROI.
• Identify areas of improvement for the A/B testing process and work with 3rd party optimisation partners on test plans and analysis.
• Assist in the smooth operation and continued development of projects, reports and systems within the ecommerce team.
Skills / experience required;
• Experience within a similar role.
• Advanced knowledge of Web Analytics tools essential, primarily Coremetrics, Google Analytics, Searchmetrics and Hitwise although full training will be provided on new tools.
• Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Access and PowerPoint essential.
• Highly organised and confident to work in a fast paced environment.
• Strong reporting and communication skills (written and verbal).
• Proven success in e-commerce and analysing channels.
• Proven success in engaging, influencing and managing stakeholders well.
• Strong problem-solving skills are essential, along with an ability to manage a varied workload and working to tight deadlines.
• Experience of (next generation) BI tools such as Qlikview, Tableau or Power BI is also desirable.
• Competitive Salary – up to £28,000 per annum dependent upon experience.
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 years service.
• Birthday leave – 1 day extra leave to celebrate your birthday.
• Pensions – You’ll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
• Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance! “Treats” benefits – an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
• Life Assurance
• Charity leave – you are entitled to have one paid day’s leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You’ll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby
• Free car parking
• Free Gym
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• The option to buy extra holidays
• Colleague of the Month Awards
• Values Awards